September 1, 2008

Chapter One- A Visit (Escape)

Penny Gohne was so excited. She couldn't believe that she made the very first TIME MACHINE! It was astounding. 10 years of work was finally done. Her crew and herself turned in early for the night, but none of them could sleep. Her thoughts kept racing back to the machine. She finally, at 2 in the morning, got up, went in her car, and drove back to the lab. After the checking in, she raced up the stairs and, heart pounding, opened the door. Her machine stood there, like it had a spotlight on it.
9 feet tall, it towered over the woman. A cylinder of glass, it held only a box of intricate wires, programs, and carefully studied computer chips. She stared at it, not sure why she came. She looked around it, admiring the work, the blood, sweat and tears everyone had put into this awesome machine.
She saw that it was on. She looked around, to see if anyone was there, and saw none. She opened the rounded glass door and walked inside.

"Kir, where are we?" Therrie asked, in her usual little girl voice.
"I don't know. Just looking. We need to find it," Kir grunted, looking like a hawk.
"THEM," I said, knowing that we just might never find them.
"Oh, lighten up, Kireka. We all know what he means. I hope we do find 'em. I want to leave this boring place," said the usual peacemaker, Frangi.
If you notice, we're trying to find some things.
What are we looking for?
Something early humans called gold and diamond.

She put in the number code to start up the machine, then set in a time after she closed and locked the door. '400 Years A.D' the screen said.
She hit the go button, right before there was a sound of a firecraker and she knocked on the keyboard an extra trillion, so it now read
"400 Trillion Years A.D".

"Let's split up. Girls go down, guys go up," Kir ordered. We were finding nothing.
"Ok, Kir. Let's go, Therrie," I said.
We split, and we headed to the south end of town, the closest part to the star. we started walking, hearing only our footprints and ragged breathing.
Let me explain some things to you. We are basically the only four live humans left. The 396 others who died 3 years ago died because of wierd reasons. The adults were killed from a random solar flare that mutated them, and the kids went insane and jumped off the sides, instantly killing them. Frangi's younger sister was one of them. He's going through this depression thing, so we try to be nicer around him.
This is also the end of the universe itself. Earth and everything else has been long gone. We are seriously the only ones left, and we have to leave REALLY soon.
One problem.
We can't find the main parts to the universe opener.
The gold and diamond.
And there are no more left.
Oh, joy.

Penny finally jumped out of the time machine. She was frazzled. She was in ther for several minutes, and that wasn't normal. She looked around, and she was on the most pitiful city. With dirt everywhere, it looked abandoned. She looked back in the machine to see the time, and she saw that she was in 400 trillion years in the future. This was when the universe would die. She had to get out. Fast.
But before that, she saw two teenage girls walking to her. They stopped, then ran to her, the happiest looks on their faces.
She couldn't move.

We were walking, and then Therrie saw a glare from the dwarf. We stopped. A middle age woman in what looked like her pj's was starring at us. We ran to her, hoping that she could help us.
"Help us! Please?" Therrie wheezed as we reached her, out of breath.
"Umm... With what?" she asked, totally confused.
"Excuse her. We REALLY need something, and we hope that you can help us get it. I'm Kireka, and this is Therrie. Kir and Frangi are on the other side of the town, so we'll catch up with them later. Who are you? What time are you from?" I said.
"Uhh, I'm Penny Gohne, and I'm from 2010. This is my time machine."
"Penny Gohne?"
"Yes..."
"Oh... my... gosh... YOU'RE PENNY GOHNE!"
"Yeeeesss, and..."
"You built the first time machine!"
"Yeeesss. This is it."
"Oh, WOW." I ran to the machine. I glued my eyes on it.
I LOVED her. She was a genius.
I just hoped that this unlikely person here in the REALLY tiny city could help us.

I'm not joking when I say this- I wrote this passage on the spot. I just thought and typed. How do you like it? Comment below, and write some of your own book! :)

No comments: