September 11, 2008

Chapter Three- Survival (part one)

WOW! I FINALLY met Penny Gohne! My dream! I thought as I climbed into my top bunk. I grabbed the most awesome picture of her, where she's in her time machine, and hugged it. I looked into my other awesome history book, and I had her bookmarked, which means I hit a button on the side of the book and he said the same speech that he had on her.
"Welcome. Penny Gohne was brilliant even as a child. She was in advanced math and science, and always thought of invention ideas, keeping them in a notebook. She founded the Science Laboratory of California, discovered cures for common ailments, and made several inventions, such as the time machine and universe opener, but died mysteriously after going into her time machine and never coming back. She was 54," she said.
I closed the book. How could she be dead if she's here with us now? Are we the cause of her "death"?
"Oh!" I breathed, realizing that we're destroying her future in the past.
Wow. Confusing, huh?

Penny was at the press conference the day after. Bob, Lizzie, Jack and Kris were there, standing beside her. Her companions, friends, and co-workers. All of them were proud of themselves. It all happened slowly- the questions, demonstration, and announcement of them winning the Nobel Prize and recieving it later that month. Then she fell off her plasma chair, instantly waking up to a bright red window and four teens staring at her, all in their clothes.
"AHH!" she yelled.
"It's okay. We're just going to the bakery, then to the recycling center for some clothes for you. You coming?" the girl named Therrie asked.
"Oh. Sure. Let's go," Penny said, getting up.
They all headed out the door, their chances of survival flying out the window with them.

Ohh... scary! What should happen next? Comment!

No comments: