September 7, 2008

Chapter Two- The Hut (Part 2)

We got to the Hut, a really nice place, for the name, and the boys were lounging around in such a manner that we would have kicked them onto the streets if we were around when they started.
"KIR! FRANGI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I yelled, throwing pillows at them. They were both lounging on the NICE plasma chairs, in their UNDERWEAR.
They freaked out, not because of Therrie and me, but because Penny was there.
"AHH!" they both yelled, running into their room.
Other than that, Penny seemed to marvel at the usual place of comfort for us. We were in the front room, with plasma chairs, (chairs made of plasma covered with cloth) worn blue carpet, and a long, thick line of books on bookshelves. (Holographic books that talk. Seriously, they read you the book with different character voices and act OUT the book. You also can ask questions, and they answer. It's AWESOME!)
She looked around the bookshelves, and picked a history book, my favorite. She opened the book, and the writer popped up on the screen. He was blue, short, and holograpic, and not much else.
"Hello, my lady. What would you like to learn about?" he questioned. A wierd accent came out as he spoke. Something my mom said was southern, whatever that means...
"Who's Penny Gohne?" she asked, staring the man down.
He, stared back, but started talking slowly, building his speed as he went. He lectured, "She was the single greatest scientist of the 21st century. She invented the time machine, transporter, and the universe opener, but before she could test the opener, she died of radiation skin cancer from the time machine. The machine was so premature, that people kept working on it, but they all died too. No one could figure it out, until the 25th century, when Ecrig Loviwe figured out that the only "safe" way to time travel was through wormholes, which can be altered through different types of light waves. She was 54."
She closed the book, put it back, and looked at us.
"I... die of my own machine?"
"Well, Madame Curie died of radiation poisoning becasue she didn't know the side affects. You and the rest don't know, or are supposed to. I'm sorry," I replied.
She was quiet for a while, then looked at us again.
"I can't go back, if I'm just going to die. I'll help you. I'll leave my life, everything, and help humanity. You guys. Even the wierd undewear guys." We all laughed.
At that moment, the guys came in, not sure what just happened, but glad that Penny was there to help.

How can I die? Penny thought, trying to sleep on the plasma chair/couch an hour later, when everyone else turned in for the night/day thing. I worked on this thing for months. I did the radiation calculations. I worked on a type of anti-radiation suit, which I brought with me.
What did I do to deserve that death?
Will I die of it, or some other horrible death?
How will I help these kids? Magic? I don't know their machinery.
Oh well. Worry about all that tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A. here. How many books are you writing anyway? I've never heard of or seen this one before. Stop confusing me. I can only take so much before I break, and I've already cracked.

Riley said...

This is 4010 Trillion A.D- the one with the four kids on a hovercity?

Anonymous said...

Okay, but how many total?

Riley said...

I don't know... Well, 2 series, the Super book, and a bunch of ideas and short stories in my head... I guess not TOO much then...

Anonymous said...

That's less than I thought...

Riley said...

Yea, really... Shocker...

Anonymous said...

Enough with the sarcasm. At least I think that's what it was...