March 10, 2009

Random Book Parts

Ok, so alot going on here. I have to save it here, so you can read it or not- I don't care. But, I'll be working on it this week, so stay tuned for more... :) Oh, and the 1st and 3rd entries are from the same book. Just thought you might like to know.

I missed Tyler.
Every waking moment was filled with his voice, his laugh, his memories with me. I remembered when we would lie on the beach of my lake near my house, telling each other stories of fantasy and science fiction, where maidens of the future were taken up in flying saucers and who fell in love with the alien; of dragons and mermaids who cast spells on town folk.
I miss him with a passion.
He was taken.
On one of those days where we lied on the beach, listening to the waves crash around us, he told a fantastic tale of dragons and mermaids living in my lake, right in front of us. They stole maidens who lived here before me, and families wouldn’t know, or care, because they put spells on the people the girls knew. And just as he was about to end it with the dragon falling in love with one of the girls he captured, a giant ripple grew larger and larger on the lake’s surface.
Of course, I don’t believe the tales he told, but I had to wonder if he knew something I didn’t know. All of his stories started with the water rippling, then the dragon would rear its head out of the cool water and roar an ear-splitting roar.
I looked at him, and he looked back, just as fooled as I was. I first thought that it was a joke.
I was dead wrong.
He nervously laughed his high-pitched laugh, then got up from the sand and started walking to my house.
“Tyler? Where are you going?” I stupidly asked him, knowing exactly where he was heading.
But before he could open his mouth, half-turned in my direction, a huge green blob rose to the surface where the ripple was, and was heading for the shore where we were- fast.
My heart shot into my throat, and I jumped up from my comfortable position on the sand, and ran straight past my love, working double time to reach the door, just 20 yards from me.
Then, a screeching cry rang through the trees, so loud that it sounded right next to me. I fell to the ground, hands over my ears, and screeched as loud as I could, though the roar overtook it. I glimpsed behind me, and Tyler was on the ground too, but staring at me.

I used to be normal. My life was boring and monotonous, the same routine every day-get up, go to school and try not to fall asleep in math, come home, spend all my time on homework, then go to bed. I was nothing extraordinary in the looks department either. Blond hair (straight as a ruler of course) close set blue eyes, and, if I do say so myself, a very lovely potato nose.

Wind flew past me, swirling behind my trail, making clouds reshape into edgeless blobs.
Yea, you heard right. Clouds.
Oh, and I just happen to be a dragon.
Of course, you don’t believe me. Who would? But, I am telling the truth.
You see, I became a dragon when I glanced at one near my old lake house. I was looking out my window, just wondering what I would do on that sweet, warm summer’s day, when I saw the biggest fish I had ever seen.
Only it wasn’t a fish. It was just swimming in the cool, clear water, shooting out of the water when it pumped its bat-like wings, its scales dripping water everywhere, creating miniature rainbows against the lush grass.
It was a large, rather angry dragon, and it was staring right at me. It then, still peering through my window, swam to ground, shook off the excess water, and slithered over to me, claws flexing in the green grass. I couldn’t move at all.
I think it was the eyes that glued me to the spot. Those dark gray, cold, depthless eyes…
But, as I was thinking this, the dragon was soon in my backyard. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t blink, I even couldn’t breathe!

No comments: